Yes, the rumours are true. The two Provence French bistro restaurants are celebrating Vancouver’s love of seafood during the month of April with their Poisson d’Avril menu.
For $45, meal choices range from seared albacore tuna, wild Pacific salmon, grilled halibut, or poached ruby red trout, to name just a few of the selections. Each entre also includes dessert.
“As an inaugural member of Ocean Wise, we serve only fish that has been harvested in a sustainable and responsible manner. That still gives us plenty of choice,” states Provence’s Executive Chef and Owner, Jean-Francis Quaglia. “Poisson d’Avril is an opportunity to welcome spring with a bit of fun. This is our fifth year doing it and everyone gets in on the fun – including some of the staff and their children who have created the whimsical fish that adorn the restaurant and menus.”
The French restaurant is also enjoying a bit of old-work practical jokes during the month of April. In France, friends or family carefully place paper cut-out fish on the backs of unsuspecting people, until someone shouts ‘Poisson d’Avril!’.
During the month of April, both Provence locations will be randomly placing paper fish under plates or even on patron’s backs. Lucky winners will find prizes ranging from complimentary appetizers, meal discounts, gift certificates, or a copy of Chef Jean-Francis and Alessandra Quaglia book, New World Provence.
Enter now for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to Provence to experience the Poisson d’Avril menu.
There are five ways you can enter. Each entry counts for one vote.
- Tweet: Wow! There’s something fishy is going on at @ProvenceVanCity! I just read it on @br_webb’s blog: http://ow.ly/jgRrF #WinProvence
- Leave a comment on this blog post on the best April Fool’s day prank you’ve experienced.
- Share this blog post on Facebook and leave an additional comment on this blog post confirming you have shared on Facebook.
- Subscribe to HomoCulture.ca and leave an additional comment on this blog post confirming you have subscribed.
- Follow @br_webb on Twitter and leave an additional comment on this blog post confirming you are a new follower.
Contest closes at 5:00pm PST, Wednesday, March 27, 2013. One random drawn winner will be announced on this blog post on or before Friday, March 29, 2013. Read the complete contest rules.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This contest is now closed.
Congratulations Ariane, you are the lucky winner of a $50 gift card to Provence!
Thank you to everyone who entered by sharing on Facebook, twitter, and subscribing to HomoCulture.ca. Please keep watching for more contests coming soon.